Updated: June 6, 2018
2018-2019 Skyline’s Tryout & Evaluation Process to make a club team
- Evaluation period for Club Teams begin July 5, 2018
- Attend Tryout/Evaluation Clinics & Camps after July 5th and get to know coaches in your age group.
- Evaluation Window ends July 21, 2018 (Acceptance Date) for 15s-18s age groups.
- Evaluation Window ends July 28, 2018 (Acceptance Date) for 10s-14s age groups.
- Clubs/Coaches may not discuss a specific team with a player outside their club before July 5, 2018
- Let the coaches know you are interested in their team.
- Athletes may attend camps, clinics, lessons prior to the evaluation window, but discussions about a specific team in prohibited
2018-2019 Season Age Definitions
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 1999 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after September 1, 1999).
17 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001
16 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
15 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
14 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
13 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
12 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
11 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
10 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
When are Tryouts/Evaluations?
The Tryout or Evaluation period is…
15s-18s: July 5-21, 2018
10s-14s: July 5-28, 2018
Age Specific Tryouts
July 5-7: Two Tryouts for each age group during these three days. You may come to one or both. These tryouts (and the July 9-12 camps) are very important for anyone to be considered for a Skyline National team.
July 14-15: Round of age tryout/evaluations important for all players interested for Skyline Molten teams.
July 21: 8am tryout for any remaining positions for 15s-18s teams
July 22: 10s-14s age tryout/evaluations for Skyline Molten teams
July 28: Final tryout for remaining positions for 10s-14s teams
What to Expect with Skyline Juniors…
- Evaluations for ALL Skyline National Teams.
- Evaluations by Age Groups July 5-8 & July 14-15 for National Teams
- Evaluations by positions July 9-13 for National Teams (See Times & Information)
- Evaluations by teams July 5-13 in the evenings (not every evening)
- Finalize non-binding offers to National teams near end of Week 1
- Begin Evaluation of Molten Teams and continue evals for National Black Teams
- Evaluation by Age Groups July 14-15 & July 22 for National Black & for Molten & Elite teams
- Evaluations by positions July 16-20 for National Black, Molten & Elite teams (See Times & Information)
- Evaluations by teams July 14-22 in the evenings (not every evening).
- Finalize non-binding offers to 15s-18s Molten & Elite Teams teams near end of Week 2
- 8:00-10:00am Tryout for remaining positions for 15s-18s
- Official offers and acceptance will be emailed out the morning of July 21 for 15s-18s
- Evaluation by age groups July 22 & 27 and Tryout on July 28
- Evaluations by ages and teams July 23-27 in the evenings
- Camp for 10s-12s in the morning. July 23-25
- Finalize non-binding offers to 10s-14s Molten & Elite Teams teams near end of Week 3
- 8:00-11:00am Tryout for remaining positions for 10s-14s
- Official offers and acceptance will be emailed out the morning of July 28 for 10s-14s
- Continued evaluations for any remaining spots on teams
What if you can’t make tryouts?
- Attend as many camps, clinics, and private lessons in June to get to know the coach of your age group.
- Communicate with the coach of your age group that you will be missing tryouts
- Follow up with emails to both firstname.lastname@example.org and the coach before and during the week of tryouts.
How to be Evaluated for a Skyline Team
– Attend Skyline Evaluation Camps & Tryout/Evaluations after July 5th to be evaluated for teams
– Reach out to the Skyline Head Coaches in your age group
Skyline’s Coaches Contact List
|18 Royal||Robert Brown||(972) 948- email@example.com|
|17 Royal||Sangyong Yun||(516) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|17 Black||Andrew Pham||(816) 529- email@example.com|
|16 Royal||Kirk Perry||(214) 514- 1707||Kirk@skylinejuniors.com|
|16 Black||Ed Chen||(512) 287- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|15 Royal||Jon Rye||(214) 514- 1717||Jon@skylinejuniors.com|
|15 Black||Alyx Becker||(979) 739- email@example.com|
|14 Royal||Ryan Mitchell||(469) 233- 4760||RMitch4760@gmail.com|
|14 Black||Josh Kreuter||(214) 215- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|13 Royal||Mark Flores||(214) 537- email@example.com|
|13 Black||Amber Spencer||(469) 222- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|12 Royal||Josh McKinney||(469) 338- email@example.com|
|12 Black||Jenny Kreuter||(214) 564- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|11 Royal||Sangyong Yun||(516) email@example.com|
|11 Black||Phyllis Brahinsky||(214) 923- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10 Royal||Cara Synatzske||(214) 597- 7441||Cara@skylinejuniors.com|
All Clinics & Evaluations will be held at…
Skyline Sports Shack
900 Stewart Ave
Plano, TX 75074