College Recruiting Video Library
This page is dedicated to Skyline athletes and their college recruiting process. It is our mission to give you all the information and tools to effectively and market yourself to college coaches. Between the recruiting tools in iTeamApp.com and our partnership with Parallel Recruiting Initiative (PRI), you will be able to know what your next step is in the recruiting process.
You and watch the entire College Recruiting Seminar video series in order (15 video) OR you can watch only the videos you are interested in.
- Create list of schools
- Research schools on your list
- Begin sending emails
- Branch out with your schools
- Coaches cannot contact you until June 15th after your Sophomore year.
- Get as many coaches to your court as possible
- More Emails > What goes in the email?
- Highlight & Game Film
- Send coaches your schedule
iTeamApp.com Tools to Help with College Recruiting
Athletes and families have access to so much information and tools to help with your college recruiting process. Please spend less than 15 minutes to watch the video below to help you maximize your effectiveness during the college recruiting process.
- How to turn your profile into a vast interactive tool
- How to add your own profile picture
- Add unlimited number links to videos, pdf, docs, etc
- Additional tips on rosters and messages
- Easiest way to branch out and grow your college interest list
- Maximize your college search process with the iTeamApp.com tool
- Favorite a school to add to your personal list of schools
- Manage your personal school list with an Individual Task List for each of your favorite colleges
- Links to PRI website, podcasts, blogs, etc.
- Recruiting Timelines
- Videos on making a highlight video in Hudl
- NCAA Recruiting Calendars and Definition of Terms like dead period, quiet period, evaluation period, etc.
- Keep your University Athlete account up-to-date
- Info on the NCAA Eligibility Center
College Recruiting Q&A
Below are a list of questions about the women’s college volleyball recruiting process. Most questions have been answered by Jason Williams (Div 1 head coach representative), Jason Bibler (recruiting coordinator), and Jon Rye (Skyline Director).
- Be a great passer
- Showcasing your serve receive (passing) is the highest priority
- Jason Williams (TCU) answers what a highlight film for a DS/Libero should include.
- Ways to separate yourself from other good passers
- “No good college coach overlooks a great player”
- “If you are dynamic and you can score…that is what they are looking for”
- Coaches are asking “can they score in my conference”
- If your school tells you NO…that may mean “No for now”
- Schools are still trying to find “The Right Fit”
- Expect your list of schools
- The portal opens up more opportunities late in the recruiting process
- When a school brings on a transfer, it opens a door somewhere else.
- High school athletes should respond to all colleges, you never know if you will cross paths with the college coach later down the road.
- Do you want to pay others to send emails for you?
- Between Skyline’s partnership with PRI and the iTeamApp, Skyline athletes do not need an outside service
- College coaches what to hear from the athlete
- Skyline has hired PRI to to inform you every step of the college recruiting process.
- You do not need to pay more to get your questions answered or to find out what you need to do next.
- Skyline has not hired PRI to do the work for the athletes.
- See schedule of Recruiting Workshops January – April
- Jason Williams describes the typical life of a student-athlete
- Good time management help for a better experience
- Jason leaves you on a good note!