Coronavirus Statement and Status of Programs

Updated: March 13, 2020 @ 1:50pm

USA Volleyball is meeting on Monday via conference call, NTR Board of Directors are meeting Monday, NTR Club Directors are meeting on Monday. We do not know what USA Volleyball is going to do with the cancelled qualifiers and what the season will look like. We are not sure if we will have any answers prior to the end of the day Monday, but we will update at the end of the day Monday.

We are encouraged by all the organizations around the US doing their part to help slow the spread.

Cancelled or Postponed Qualifiers
as of March 12, 2020 @ 1:50pm

  • PNQ qualifier in Spokane (Cancelled)
    • 16MR, 14R, 14B, 14MR, 13MB, 12R
  • Mideast Qualifiers for St. Louis & Indianapolis (Cancelled)
    • 18R, 17B, 16R, 15R, 15B, 13R
  • Colorado Crossroads Qualifier Week 2 (Cancelled)
    • 16B
  • Show Me Qualifier in Kansas City – Week 1 (Postponed)
    • 15MB, 14MB, 14MS, 12B
  • Windy City Qualifier in Chicago (Cancelled)
    • 17R, 15B, 13R
  • Northeast Qualifier in Philadelphia (Postponed)
    • 16R, 12MR

Cancelled or Postponed Tournaments (non-qualifiers)
as of March 12, 2020 @ 1:50pm

  • Cross Court Classic in Houston (Cancelled)
    • 11B
  • Texas Star Tournament in Dallas (Postponed until May)
    • 17R, 16MR, 15MR, 15MB, 14B, 14MR, 14MB, 14MS, 13B, 13MB, 12R, 12B, 12MR, 11R, 10R
  • 18s Bid Regionals (Postponed TBA)
    • 18B
  • Texas Classic Bid Event in Dallas (Postponed TBA)
    • 18B, 17B, 16B, 15B, 15MR, 13R, 13B, 13MR, 11B

Updated: March 12, 2020 @ 7:15pm

A quote we heard on the news today was “A successful containment of the Coronavirus will look like overkill”. Skyline Juniors Volleyball and Skyline Sports have decided to shut down the Skyline facility until March 22nd for all volleyball activity. We will continue to monitor the situation and may chose to shorten or lengthen the facility shutdown.

This shutdown currently includes all lessons. We want to do our part to help flatten the curve.

Updated: March 12, 2020 @ 2:30pm

We wanted to address some of the concerns coming with Coronavirus. Some qualifiers and tournaments are beginning to cancel due to the recommendations of the regional health districts.

We cannot tell you yet what the next steps are or how the airlines or hotels will work with everyone yet. We will be doing some research as quickly as we can to provide you all with more information and what your next steps need to be. 

Other Qualifiers
As of now, other qualifies are still on, but we can probably expect some might follow suit. We will be following each state’s guidelines as they are all different depending on the severity of the spread in their area. We will be following the recommendations of USA volleyball and the qualifiers taking place in each city. Please make sure you are keeping an eye on your emails as we will relay any information we receive via email and if it is urgent, through the text messaging system. 

What will be happening at Skyline during this time
As of March 12th, team practices will remain on the schedule as a voluntary basis. We will reevaluate this decision this Saturday, March 14th. Below are the guidelines that will need to be followed upon arriving at the gym. 

  1. If you do not feel safe to attend practices or programs, you may stay home at no penalty.
  2. If you have any symptoms or do not feel well, DO NOT COME!
  3. We want to keep the number of people in the gym to a minimal.  We encourage parents to stay out of the facility by dropping off their child during team practices.
  4. Players need to immediately go to the restroom and wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after practice.
  5. No hand slapping with teammates or coaches at practices
  6. Coaches will spray the volleyballs with Lysol after every practice. 
  7. No team/group meetings in our small team meeting room.
  8. Cancelled Club Prep and First Touch for Friday, March 13th
  9. Skyline facility is open for Lessons.

    We will continue to monitor the situation daily and could make changes over the next weeks/months. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unknown journey. We will be working through all sorts of details over the next few weeks. We will not have time to respond to emails and questions concerning what is happening, so please just know we will be working on everything and will communicate with you all as soon as we have the information.

Thank you, 

Jodie A. Rye
Director/Travel Coordinator Skyline Juniors Volleyball

CLICK HERE for the latest statement from USA Volleyball regarding the Coronavirus and their events.

February 28, 2020